Christmas has always been my favorite holiday!


Christmas has always been my favorite holiday. I have so many wonderful memories of my childhood that revolve around Christmas, like decorating the tree, preparing the food, going to church and spending time with my family.

I come from a very small family, both of my grandparents died before I was 6 years old , since then my Mom (a single mom) made every Christmas very special creating our own traditions.
My Mom doesn’t like Turkey so she designed a special Christmas menu that was nothing like what everyone else had, but my brother and I loved it, it consisted of garlic shrimp, cheese ravioli with a delicious tomato and cream sauce, pork with coke with prunes and tomato sauce, mashed potatoes, salad and chocolate cake. Fortunately for me my husband likes it too and so we have kept the tradition.

For decorating the tree I have always tried to include ornaments that have meaning to our life and dreams. I always start the same way with a little house, then I add angels to guard our house, doves for peace , bells for music, candles (wooden ones) and stars for light, we have ornaments that represent each of us and some that have our names, we add something that represents our friends, our family and work.

As I said in my post how it all started, I was 9 years old when I got the idea of buying some felt Christmas ornaments to copy, we still have those ornaments and getting them out to decorate our tree just brings back years and years of great memories.

No comments