Disneyland Haunted Mansion Secret Panel chest box





With Halloween coming soon I thought I would share with this wonderful Disneyland souvenir from the famous attraction ‘The Haunted Mansion’ that we have for sale in my Klassic vintage store.

This wonderful Secret panel chest puzzle box was made in Japan and it was released in 1969 and it was sold both by Disneyland and Disneyworld.

It has a secret drawer you can use to hide stuff in and to get it open you have to find the right combination of movements and move the panels around so you can slide the end panel upward to reveal it. It has several sliding panels that due to their design blend with the box.

My husband and his family used to visit Disneyland every year and in one of those visits he and his brother each bought one of these intriguing puzzles. It is hard to imagine that these boxes have been around for 40 years and still work perfectly. Now a days you go to Disneyland and buy a ‘souvenir’ and not only are they not intriguing or stimulating but they are certainly not going to stand the test of time.

I also visited Disneyland as a little girl and I still remember my Mickey Mouse coin purse and my Tinker Bell pencil case very fondly I wonder if my son will have the same fond memories for the not so unique souvenirs he has acquired from his trips to the Magic Kingdom.

No comments