Christmas DIY Ornaments

It is hard to believe how fast this year has passed!
Christmas is my favorite Holiday and I love winter, hot coco and warm sweaters.

Last year my then five year old and I made Cinnamon ornaments. It is a perfect holiday activity for kids.


It is really easy to make and they smell really good and as I was able to confirm the other day when I took them out….the smell really lasts.

Recipe:
1 1/2 cups applesauce
1 1/2 cups cinnamon
1/8 cup Elmer's glue

Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
You can add more applesauce if the dough is dry or more cinnamon if it is too wet.
set the dough on a waxed piece of paper and roll it to about 1/8" thick.
Then have fun using different cookie cutters, or even playdough cutters.

To make the holes for a string , use a straw and don't forget to do it while the dough is still wet. At this point you can get creative and add little beads to decorate.

Bake in the oven for half hour at around 150 degrees. After removing from the oven let them dry for a day or two.




No comments